Re: [CQ-Contest] DX Contest scoring schemes

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] DX Contest scoring schemes
From: halken <halken@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 15:18:18 -0400
Kudos to Bill and John. I will be QRV in a few hours, breaking the surly bonds of the CQ-Contest reflector. I am operating down in a hole, in a CC neighborhood with simple, hidden wire antennas. I cannot win, I cannot make the top 20. It was my decision to pick this house and this town and I, and only I, am responsible for those decisions. It would not feel right to suggest changing the scoring methodology for my decisions. I knew the rules when I bought this QTH.

I operate because it's a lot of fun. The adrenalin rush from rate is cool; saying "hi" to old friends is also cool. Staying sharp for when I can win from elsewhere is important, as is keeping my callsign in other people's heads. Beating last years score is icing on the cake.

See you all at 0000Z...

73,
Hal N4GG (NN4GG)