[CQ-Contest] WPXCW & "running" in the Extra band segments?

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPXCW & "running" in the Extra band segments?
From: Dave Edmonds <dave@pkministrywebs.com>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 20:11:42 -0400
Why are there so many WPXCW stations "running" in the Extra portion of 40m?

Seems to me that "running" in the low end of the General portion would be
more productive because you could reach a larger amateur population.  I was
on 40m today and I heard 5 WPXers running in the Extra class portion and
there was plenty of room on the lower Gen portion.

There are a few contesters who 'live' above 25.

73s Dave WN4AFP