[CQ-Contest] Fw: CQ WPX 2015 CW debriefing

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Fw: CQ WPX 2015 CW debriefing
From: <w7dra@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 16:44:44 -0700

Using about the same equipment for the past 40 years, and with technology
available to me as a novice; on SOSB 160 when I compete I am finding my
scores getting lower each year. This year there were only three of us
running (or in my case ambling). I only heard two other stations besides
the two running stations, one  at 599++ that I worked and one at 339 that
I heard for about 10 seconds. I started at 0500z and immediately worked
one the two running stations, receiving his number 6. I ended around
0800z and heard him working his number 9. This was a California station
with a directed beam. I would hear him at 599++ and then at 569.

Both nights I started again at 1030z, hearing both of them going at  it.
I think I heard one of them worked a US station that I did not hear.

160 meter operation has become so specialized, where high technology
prevails, no longer do you find a guy loading up a piece of wire on a
winter's night and calling CQ one 160 as an alternative to 80 or 40.

With two easily heard running stations, 160 gets passed over by the
hoards. With 20 or more running stations the casual observer would
say........"hummmm better give 160 a try.

I have no solution to this other than if there is a contest that includes
160, I will be there giving out a few.

mike w7dra

The entertainer in me just can't do a totally serious piece, so:

https://youtu.be/PJvLRrInxKM

Yearbook Pics View Class Yearbooks Online Free. Search by School & Year.
Look Now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/556b6a86a4096a852e21st02vuc