Re: [CQ-Contest] Rules for CQ WW DX Contest 2015

To: Radio K0HB <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Rules for CQ WW DX Contest 2015
From: "Martin , LU5DX" <lu5dx@lucg.com.ar>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2015 10:53:02 -0300
Hi Hans,
Actually it is all the opposite.
Contesting is only possible through the participation of casual entrants.
They are generous enough to get on the air give out points and send in
their logs.

On the other hand, there is a small fraction competing very seriously, and
we need additional rules to help adjudicate the logs properly.
Why would we put a burden on casual entrants or those not aiming for top
spots with additional rules?
Do you think that is beneficial?

In fact, the whole contest committee cares a about casual entrants very
much, even those sending in paper logs (For which the cc spends a
considerable amount of time converting them to the proper format so that
their scores can be cross-checked and published in the results).

And beyond that, I personally believe that those casual entrants deserve to
participate in a very serious event, where all possible measures are taken
to make it fair to everyone, regardless they are casual participants or top
spots nuts.

73,

Martin LU5DX