[CQ-Contest] RBN for 6M spots in VHF contest?

To: "CQ-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] RBN for 6M spots in VHF contest?
From: James Duffey <jamesduffey@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 18:16:22 -0600
Are any of the RBN stations going to be skimming on 6M for the VHF contest? As
assistance is allowed at all levels in the VHF contest, 6M feeds from the RBN
would be very useful. I think many of the RBN stations have 6M receive
capability, at least those running the Quicksilver radios, and I suspect that
whatever HF antennas are being used could be used on 6M as well.

CW spots from 50.080 and up would be useful. CW spots even in the SSB band
would be useful. Lots of us run CW in the SSB band often enough to be useful. .
I think with the nominal 96 kHz coverage, coverage from 50.080MHz to 50.176MHz
would be most useful.

If this is not the correct forum to ping the RBN guys, I apologize. What would
be a better forum? I have copied N4ZR on this.

Oh yeah, if you have a rig capable of 6M and haven’t operated in a VHF contest,
give it a try this weekend. While a dedicated 6M antenna is of course
preferential, many HF antennas will load OK on 6M and have acceptable patterns.
Try your 40M dipole on the 7th harmonic for example. When 6M is open,
contesting is a blast. When 6M isn’t open, trying to eek out the miles with
troposcatter is a real challenge. Join us. - Duffey KK6MC/r
--
KK6MC
James Duffey