Re: [CQ-Contest] Logging question

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Logging question
From: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 11:13:26 -0500
How does he know you worked him those two times and you got his call wrong? Your OH6LI call sign is not registered on eQSL. Maybe you were using a contest call that is registered on eQSL?

Otherwise, I don't see how he could state that you logged his call sign wrong. LoTW will not show your log entries to anyone but you (or an ARRL LoTW administrator).

IF my log showed a QSO with a station with a very similar call sign at the time, band, and mode purported, personally I would update my entry in LoTW, but not my contest log. I would consider it a human error on one end or the other. Maybe he had programmed his function keys with the wrong call sign and didn't catch this right away? Lame operating on his part!

All that said, if I received a response like you mentioned after the first email exchange, I'd tend to let him "go pound sand" as someone else stated!

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN