Re: [CQ-Contest] WAE QTC tactics

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WAE QTC tactics
From: Bob Henderson <bob.5b4agn@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 04:58:31 +0000
Helmut

What you say is true but not quite the whole story.

Judgements need to be made regarding time taken to re-establish a run after
the pile has dissipated, which it almost always does when a QTC exchange
commences.  Account also needs be taken of the self generated QRM which
will result when transferring QTCs less than 10.  When asked for QTCs I
will typically respond with LATER unless I have 10 to send.

Despite best efforts to dispose of them I almost always end up with QTCs to
spare at the end of the contest.

WAE is one of my favourite contests.  Heaps of fun. Those playing without
exchanging QTCs miss out on the spirit and most of the fun of the event.

73 Bob, P3F (5B4AGN)