Re: [CQ-Contest] Which QUERTY Keyboard?

To: foxfive.vjc@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Which QUERTY Keyboard?
From: Katsuhiro Kondou <kondou@voyackey.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 00:23:18 +0900 (JST)
In article <CABuWoS_RRm7FNs1rW5BvPDYLjaHC2k1E4PDorm4R4pyoOptOdg@mail.gmail.com>,
        F5vjc <foxfive.vjc@gmail.com> wrote,
        on "Thu, 17 Sep 2015 16:39:23 +0200";

> Hi, anyone recommend a good keyboard for Contesting, tried a few... it's
> worse than choosing an Iambic key!
>
> Prefer a small footprint, what do you use?

The key point is not to differentiate from your usual IT environment where
you live and are much accutomed to.  For my situation, key typing is done
not through my brain, but it's just like my finger is directly connected
to my ears.  So the difference from the familiar environment will cause
unwanted key typing especially when toward the end of contest and you're
getting much tired.

For my case, I use Apple's USB (not wireless) keyboard without numeric keypad.
This keyboard is already discontinued, and I've been getting six or seven
from the auction site.  You can see what it looks like in the bottom of the
picture(https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.qrz.com/m/jh5ghm/IMG_1307.JPG).
--
Katsuhiro 'Don' Kondou, JH5GHM(JH1GBZ for contesting)