[CQ-Contest] Invitation to WAG 2015 (Worked All Germany)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Invitation to WAG 2015 (Worked All Germany)
From: Christian Schneider <prickler.schneider@t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 23:37:16 +0200
Dear fellow contesters,

we are happy to invite you to the 55th edition of Worked All Germany Contest (WAG) on 17./18. October (1500-1459 UTC).

With more than 2000 active German stations on the bands from 80-10m activity should only be limited by your local condx. Go for 2, 12 or all 24 hours - you will always find radio fun. We recommend to also log in to an online-scoreboard like
http://cqcontest.net/view/readscore.php
to have some more competetive fun even if you cannot afford to go the whole distance.

We welcome especially all of you participating for the first time in WAG, perhaps as a WRTC aspirant for which WAG is a qualifying contest 2015 and 2016. A webinar about WRTC and WAG is scheduled for Sunday, 4th October, 19 UTC: http://lists.contesting.com/pipermail/cq-contest/2015-September/110947.html (tnx K4ZW and WWROF)

On our website you should find all necessary informations about rules, results and records. We also explain our legal robbery (=logcheck), give hints about the DOKs (=exchange) and German callsigns, advertise awards and a mostly unknown multiplier, summarize WAG in 77 seconds and show some impressive German landscapes of rock and aluminium
http://www.darc.de/referate/dx/contest/wag/en/

Important note: The WAG rules define contestfree segments to allow coexistence with the simultaneous worldwide "Jamboree on the Air" (JOTA) of scouts. See what your logger can do to keep you on the right lane to not lose points or earn penalties:
http://www.darc.de/referate/dx/contest/wag/en/logging/log/

Confirmations for log upload and also the website will have links to an online survey conducted in English, Russian and German which will take less than 10 minutes to go through.

For all remaining questions please contact wag-info(at)dxhf.darc.de

In the hours prior to the contest (1200 to 1430 UTC) DARC will stage its Training Contest on 40/80m for Rookies of all ages in moderate and friendly speed
http://www.darc.de/referate/dx/contest/ausbildungscontest/english-version/

Please spread this invitation to fellow hams.
And now: Good luck and enjoy your activity in WAG 2015!

Cu & 73, Chris DL8MBS
WAG Contestmanager

Follow us on twitter @WAG_e
https://twitter.com/WAG_e