Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB "Go away DX only"

To: "n2ic@arrl.net" <n2ic@arrl.net>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB "Go away DX only"
From: Dale Putnam <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 16:19:20 -0600
I know that one Q.. with a peanut station, doesn't mean a thing to the big
boys... but IF I make a Q with a station,... it is NOT in MY best interest to
fulfill HIS ego.. by waitin around for an ID.. I will wait for one maybe two
Qs.. then is it suddenly becomes a NIL.. and it doesn't matter to me if they
think they are a BIG mult or not.. what does matter is that they are not an
unidentified Q in MY log. Later in the contest.. they won't call me.. they
think they have one.. and if I call them later.. and there is a hint that is a
Q B4.. I'm outta there.. no Q... and that makes not one hoot of difference to
me. I won't win a contest.. and I can't compete with the multi dollar supported
stations... and it is NOT fun for me to pay homage to their ego. I'm in it for
the fun. I maximize my fun, by making Qs, correctly, without a lotta wasted
time.  Making sure my station is correctly id'd.. at least every other Q.. IF
someone thinks they can do it better.. go for it.. but go for
 it with less power. Really maximize your fun too!!

Have a great day,

Dale - WC7S in Wy