[CQ-Contest] Link to PJ2T CQWW SSB Crew Photo

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Link to PJ2T CQWW SSB Crew Photo
From: Geoff Howard <ghoward@kent.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 12:55:11 -0400
Contesters,

See: http://www.pj2t.org/ccc/GSH27650.JPG

Photo: Jack (N4RV) Rick (N0YY) Andrea (IK7YTT) Dave (VA7AM) Heiko (DK3DM) Geoff (W0CG, PJ2DX) Uli (DL8OBQ) John (N4QQ) Adam (W1ASB)

This is the gang that made lots of noise from PJ2T this weekend. Photo is from the rental house not long after the contest. This was our first operation with the totally rebuilt PJ2T shack and antenna switching system. Everything worked 100% perfectly.

Check it all out on Facebook: pj2tcuracao. In a month we transformed the shack from a dark, prehistoric cave to a bright and beautiful and modern station, starting with a new white tile floor, cleaning and total repainting of the room, construction of new operating desks designed and built in Iowa by N0YY and shipped to Curacao for assembly, and a new sophisticated pushbutton antenna switching system, the heart of which is three Array Solutions 8 x 4 switch matrices and 13 controllers.

We had four European language guys (W1ASB is by birth from Poland). This is a great help on SSB for sure. And N4RV also speaks fluent Virginian.

Special thanks to IK7YTT who made the monster trip from his office in China to be with us for the week. We're also indebted to N0YY for serving as the lead for this on-the-air operation.

This was not a big enough crew, nor did we have enough gear configured, to do a proper Multi/Multi, but we sure had fun and gave the new antenna switching system a super workout.

Thanks for the QSOs, see you on the CW weekend.

     73,

        - Geoff, W0CG / PJ2DX, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho