Re: [CQ-Contest] Why some Caribean Islands compete as South America at C

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Why some Caribean Islands compete as South America at CQWW and other contests
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 05:13:33 -0400
In some contest this is patently unfair where a contact with some Caribbean Basin islands yield a higher point structure than others close by. This is also why the big winners are always located in Aruba, Trinidad, and Curacao. The islands only 100 miles away have a definite disadvantage. But this has and always be the case. There is the same issue in Europe where a station in Cyprus from a hotel with just a vertical can clean up. I believe also that stations in Turkey in the European side are still counted as Asia.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ