Re: [CQ-Contest] Why some Caribean Islands compete as South America

To: sawyered@earthlink.net, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Why some Caribean Islands compete as South America
From: Luc DXBrasil <py8azt@dxbrasil.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 17:53:34 +0000
Although, I agree with Fernando, that is the problem: how south is enough
to be southern and how north is enough to be northern?

It was impossible to win a mult op CQWW or CQWPX from Brazil - I mean
mainland, until someone do it.

As a general rule, location is the best asset on HF contest game. For those
who won't or can't move your station to a golden place, my opinion is: keep
doing your best effort against yourself, eventually you will win, or not,
but you gonna have a ton of fun in the journey.

In 7 years, doing our best to beat ourselves, PW7T Team managed to win both
CQWW and CQWPX and still holding the world record for CQWPX CW M/2 from
Brasil, mainland.

You should start to think wisely on how to beat caribeans islands and be
there on top scores in case north Africa or west Asia not be on your
category, so eventually you'll win the contest.

A free tip to win from Brasil: invest on good operators to fill up the
chairs and better antennas and put less money on power amplifier. Power
isn't the solution, as few Brazilians think.

Don't let the power be with you!

And welcome to the game!

Luc, PY8AZT

Em qui, 5 de nov de 2015 23:27, Ed Sawyer <sawyered@earthlink.net> escreveu:

> Fernando,
>

> The short answer is because these islands are in South America.  Similarly,
> to PJ2T being in S America and making it impossible for a Brazilian to win
> South America, it is just as impossible for a US station to win North
> America over 8P5A, or for a European station to beat CR2X etc.
>

> Try and win Brazil as a reasonable challenge as we try and win the US.  And
> make sure your clubs sponsor nice plaques for the winners of your country,
> as we do in the US.
>

> 73
>

> Ed  N1UR

73, Luc
https://plus.google.com/+DxbrasilNet
__
PW7T Team member
WRTC.2006 Brazilian Referee
WRTC.2010 Brazilian Team Leader
WRTC.2014 Brazilian Referee
PY8AZT (also PT7AG, R37U, ZY7C, PX8C, ZZ8Z)
LABRE, ARRL, CWJF & Fortaleza DX Group Member