[CQ-Contest] Log dupes in SS (or any 'Test)

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Log dupes in SS (or any 'Test)
From: Art Boyars <artboyars@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 12:15:28 -0500
I finally figure out my SS CW LCR from 2014.

I worked VA3xx, but fat-fingered his call to VXA3xx.  So, when I heard him
much later he did not show as a dupe, and I worked him again.

My LCR shows "busted call", with penalty, for the VXA3xx QSO.  That's OK.
I blew it; typing counts.

But the LCR also shows NIL for the VA3xx QSO.  I infer that he decided not
to log the dupe QSO ... so I got another penalty.

So, fellow contesters, I propose that it's OK to say "Dupe" or "QSO B4" or
whatever, and save time by not working the dupe.  But if you do work one,
please leave it in your log.  That is, please do not delete the QSO unless
the other guy agrees that it is a dupe.

73, Art K3KU