[CQ-Contest] Leveling the playing field

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Leveling the playing field
From: Jeff Clarke <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 22:06:28 -0500
I figured this all out about 25 years ago.

 I've never really have had the desire to build a big contest station at home
and if I did I couldn't compete against the East Coast anyway. Nothing against
you guys in the Northeast but I have no desire to move there to try to win a DX
contest. I like living in the laid back Midwest and now the South.

So I decided a long time ago why not just go somewhere where everyone wants to
work me!  So instead of spending big $$$ to build a big station at home I
decided heck I'm just going to go to the Caribbean at least once a year to get
my "Big Contest Fix ".

I'm been lucky to find a place I can go to every year for CQWW DX CW , be in a
country that I'm probably the only station on and also enjoy an advantage by
being in a zone where just about every QSO is worth 3 points.

CU in a couple weeks from PJ4A in Bonaire.

Jeff KU8E

BTW .....K4BAI and I are always looking for hotshot CW operators to join our
team every year.