Re: [CQ-Contest] Reducing Pain in Ears and Bum while Contesting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Reducing Pain in Ears and Bum while Contesting
From: Katsuhiro Kondou <kondou@voyackey.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 14:04:24 +0900 (JST)
In article <CAOk0j18aybEcGeFZFURhYbRmxDHbSkAZuD7FYJtOzdwbj=yUtQ@mail.gmail.com>,
        Chuck Dietz <w5prchuck@gmail.com> wrote,
        on "Sun, 22 Nov 2015 17:41:36 -0600";

> I have been contesting for many years and find that the pressure on the
> ears from the headphones and the pressure on the butt from prolonged
> sitting are both painful.  I use Heil headphones and asked them about the
> headphone pressure problem at Dayton.  They said to just pull the sides
> apart and stretch the band.  It won't break.  I know this sounds stupidly
> elementary, but I was always afraid of breaking them so I had not tried
> this.

A few yeas ago, my favorite Bose QC15 had a problem just before ARRL Int'l.
The left side speaker didn't work.  So I had no choice other than using Heil
headphones which was owned by station owner, but it was so painful like you
felt.  One of the reasons why I've been using QC15 is due to this.  If you've
never experienced ear cover type headphones like QC15, I think it's worth a
try.

As for pain in buttocks, it depends on how you feel that pain, but there are
so many chairs to release pain from fatigue.  For my case, Ergohuman is the
best, while others say Aeron chair is the best(this is not good for me).
--
Katsuhiro 'Don' Kondou, JH5GHM