Re: [CQ-Contest] RFI FROM A FRIDGE

To: "'CQcontest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RFI FROM A FRIDGE
From: "Dick Frey" <k4xu@bendcable.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 09:54:46 -0800
After locating a gas furnace as the source of intermittent RFI at a
local ham's place I was wary of them. Last winter I had to install a
new furnace. I chose a Lennox 97.5% efficient forced air job with a
variable speed blower. I told the heating contractor that it must not
interfere with my radio.

He checked with Lennox and discovered an add-on RFI filter ($90) was
available. It turned out to be a two section 10A line filter I could
have bought from DigiKey (108-10DRCG5) for $15, but I didn't have to
install it nor raise warranty issues. It works.

An ounce of prevention..

Dick Frey,   K4XU/N7XU