Re: [CQ-Contest] Is working the QSO B4 good on long term for us ?

To: Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is working the QSO B4 good on long term for us ?
From: Jack Brindle <jackbrindle@me.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2015 07:59:54 -0800
I would point out a different reason, one I experienced in SS. At least twice
during the contest N1MM+ dropped QSOs with VA stations after I worked them and
made sure they were in the log. I reworked each station later, explaining what
had happened and that they were NIL.

Now, if you were one of those, and had refused to rework me, you would not have
been in the log I submitted, and you would have lost points (as I recall, the
QSO plus a penalty). I would not have lost anything. With this in mind, it is
almost always better to go ahead with the QSO.

Almost? Well, there are a few times when someone wants to rework you five or
ten times…

For the curious, the three VA QSOs did stay in the log after I reworked them. I
am not able to reproduce the problem at this point, so no bug was logged with
the N1MM guys. And yes, I am absolutely sure they were entered properly the
first time. A big thank you to the VAs who graciously reworked me...

Jack, W6FB