Re: [CQ-Contest] 30m

To: <k9yc@arrl.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 30m
From: "Stephen Bloom" <sbloom@acsalaska.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 13:34:00 -0900
Jim:

I think there are written rules and unwritten rules.  I was a guest to these
folks ..and I would not abuse their hospitality like that.  I'm not big on
"victimless crimes" period ..but that is another discussion.  As you can
tell from my postings ..even though I've been a ham for many years, and did
a few contests back then, I am fairly new to the serious stuff.  Other than
a bit of pontificating here ...I'm a lot more about listening to how people
do things ..rather than suggest they change.

The ethical question would be whether to participate from there or not at
over 400W.  I haven't done so until this point, it is a bridge I'll cross
when I get there.

I think my next foreign contest op will be in VP9 .which has a 150W limit
and is serious about it ...(as in ..don't even think about bringing in a
linear).  Given that ...I'll be running LP.  I think the local hams prefer
the low power limit ..as a way of limiting "the arms race."

73
Steve KL7SB