[CQ-Contest] CQ WW Survey results - part 1

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Survey results - part 1
From: Jeff Clarke <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 19:29:47 -0500
John,

Thanks for taking the time to do this survey. As one of the more vocal person's
on the reflector against this practice, I'm very disappointed and shocked at
the survey results. I really don't see that this practice is any different than
sanitizing your log to fix broken calls using internet databases as such as
QRZ.com. In both cases you are using the internet AFTER the contest to alter
your entry.

I now have even more respect for some of the top contesters in the world who
would never consider doing something like this. We all know who those guys are.

That being said I predict many of the top scorers will no longer submit their
scores to 3830 before the log deadline. That's too bad because it was fun to
compare scores right after the contest ending.

I know in my case I won't be submitting my scores for any serious efforts that
I do until after the log deadline.

Jeff KU8E