Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Survey results - part 1

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Survey results - part 1
From: Michael Adams <mda@n1en.org>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 18:49:23 +0000
I believe Herb was referring to the following usage of "Roger":

"CQ Kilo One X-ray Yankee Zulu,  Contest"

"Warshington America Five Xylophone Playing Monkeys"

"WA5XPM 59 456"

"Roger,  Roger.  Please copy 59 number 2, number 2. Roger?"

"Thank you. K1XYZ."

That last "roger" probably ought to be an "over"... but really,  I think it's
best to focus on being happy to put the Q in the log.

One wonders if those of us who avoid mics, or who are asocial in late June all
made a point of being active on phone during Field Day,  providing an abundance
of examples of crisp exchanges... perhaps contagion would reduce the number of
"please copy" utterances in other tests?

(I hope this thread dies down before RTTY Roundup. I currently have an urge to
add "PSE CPY" to a macro or two,  to appease my sense of humour.)

--
Michael Adams | mda@n1en.org