Re: [CQ-Contest] Coax Stubs...

To: "reflector cq-contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Coax Stubs...
From: "Dave Hachadorian" <k6ll.dave@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 15:49:43 -0700
I would use a regular TV-type male crimp connector for one end of the stub, and then type F female to UHF male adapter:
http://www.showmecables.com/product/F-Type-Female-to-UHF-Male-Adapter.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=925&zmam=49733141&zmac=5&zmas=1&zmap=925&gclid=CKaEu8ntp8oCFYaCfgodkwABjw

If you need a shorted stub, you can use a wire nut at the other end:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwibgICJ7qfKAhXB4CYKHR4OAh0QjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.idealind.com%2FprodDetail.do%3FprodId%3Dwire-nut&psig=AFQjCNFEGVnkoG8vDszegO6oyMAI4hz0Cw&ust=1452811320423462

RG-6 has wide variation in velocity factor, so you need to use a dip oscillator, or some other instrument to measure the resonant frequency of the stub. If your RG-6 has foam insulation, your stubs will need to be roughly 23% longer than the K2TR lengths shown here:
http://www.k1ttt.net/technote/k2trstub.html
You really need to measure the resonant frequency though, rather than just cutting to length.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

-----Original Message----- From: Douglas Ruz (CO8DM)