Re: [CQ-Contest] The new era of Hamradio contests; win a cash prize

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The new era of Hamradio contests; win a cash prize
From: Barry <w2up@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 13:20:47 -0700
There's too much cheating now for just a plaque or certificate. Imagine if money were involved.
Barry W2UP

On 2/1/2016 12:31, Pedro Claver Orozco HK1X wrote:
I would like to present my idea to the contest audience,my apologies if not
to their liking.
Everything in the world revolves around the awards and plaques. Why
not contemplate the chance to win cash prizes? in Best contests?.
All contest today in all subjects included Medicine They are rewarded with
cash money.
My proposal is related and focused to make our contest hobby a little more
interesting and serve to help those people who make their competition. Also
help all big stations to renew and update stations.

Approaches:

1.- Motivate those stations spent years doing contest, to repair and renew
equipments.
2.- Motivate those stations spent years doing contest, make a new
investments.
3.- Motivate all radio stations make special mounts for contest; all
hamradio stores trade would move to sell more equipments and pieces.
4.- These stores in turn would be the sponsoring prize money of contests.
5.- Owners of contest such CQ, will be asked to companies new
strategies and money sponsorships.
6.- These competitions and Prizes will chosen and observed by ARRL and IARU.

Many people do not like the idea, many are conservative with hamradio, but
remember we are in 2016.
My apologies I love the radio equal when it started at age of 13 year.
Today Im 48 years old. And will continue doing what I like, hamradio
contests.

I think as well as sponsoring expeditions, Why could also companies selling
Hamradio products sponsoring cash money for best year contests.

It is not unreasonable, think? . Let think for a while in detail.

What do you thinking about?

Note: My apologies for my English, hope understand my idea.

73s
​Pedro Claver Orozco
HK1X