Re: [CQ-Contest] Rampant Key Clicks in ARRL DX CW 2016

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Rampant Key Clicks in ARRL DX CW 2016
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 15:06:44 -0800
I encountered relatively few dirty signals this weekend, perhaps due to my location in W6. A couple of JAs were nasty on 15M, even though they were barefoot. I'm guessing something Yaesu. My buddy WB9Z brought home a K3S from K5P and used it to drive an Alpha 2000. Something was wrong -- I spotted him about clicks hoping he would see it, and K9PG, another SMC stalwart, also pulled his coat. We exchanged emails this morning, and he's working on it. I suspect the amp. N6VR has a very clicky FT1000MP that I told him about more than two years ago. He was still clicky in this month's CW Sprint.

There was another signal from SA that was weak but broad -- perhaps the same station Dennis heard. I spotted him with a comment about dirty signal, rig broke.

I'm a strong believer in making contact with the offenders, and if they're not responsive, going public.

73, Jim K9YC