Re: [CQ-Contest] Key Clicks in ARRL DX CW

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Key Clicks in ARRL DX CW
From: John E Bastin <jbastin@sssnet.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 09:55:58 -0500
On Feb 23, 2016, at 07:31, Barry N1EU <n1eu.barry@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's
> absolutely ridiculous (and untenable) that a station can plop down 300hz
> away from me because he doesn't hear key clicks from my clean transmitter
> and he ends up ruining my run and forcing me to QSY.  Absolutely
> unacceptable.

That may be, but it’s a fact of life and one we just have to live with (at
least for now). I wound up moving several times last weekend for just that very
reason.

There *is* another advantage of the P3, though. If I have to move, the P3 makes
it much easier to find another frequency clear enough to select, so moving
frequency is much less a hardship than it used to be.

There are probably a number of stations who were working on 15 meters on
Sunday, wondering about finding me calling CQ on two or three different
frequencies as they moved up the band. For a little while, I was having to move
that often, but staying there and fighting for the frequency is a
self-defeating choice.

73,

John K8AJS
jbastin@sssnet.com