Re: [CQ-Contest] Your DX Spots during the ARRL SSB DX Contest

To: "k9ma@sdellington.us" <k9ma@sdellington.us>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Your DX Spots during the ARRL SSB DX Contest
From: Edward Sawyer <EdwardS@sbelectronics.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 11:17:25 -0500
Taking a look at your station picture, if you are running an amp, you are
hardly a "little pistol" Scott.

CQing is an "art form" on SSB if you are not at one of the multi-ops running a
stack and can get on the band an hour before it opens to claim a frequency and
then have a group of "bouncers" standing by to shun people off when they get
too close by their definition.

High in the band, aim south, west or north when others are trying to fight it
out for EU, run on 20 when others are on 15 wall to wall, etc etc.

I ran for years using Low Power.  Granted my station was somewhat better than
yours but at a 10dB+ power disadvantage, the difference was probably not that
much.  And I even ran into JA, SA, and the PAC so its not even about being in
W1.

You just have to want to do it.

Ed  N1UR