Re: [CQ-Contest] Field Day

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Field Day
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 20:02:02 -0600
Well, somehow over the years, this rule was removed so today the Octopus is
once again legit!

Read Section 4 of the 2016 FD rules more carefully:

The use of switching systems that allow for lock-
outs in order to use multiple transmitters (i.e., an “octopus”) in an attempt to enter a lower-number-of-transmitters class are prohibited (i.e. using 2 transmitters that can transmit simultaneously, with two operators, and a lock-out system and entering class 1A). The use of simulcasting devices which allow a single operator to key and transmit on
more than one transmitter at a time, is prohibited.

73,
Steve, N2IC