Re: [CQ-Contest] SO+SOA survey monkey

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO+SOA survey monkey
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 12:08:40 -0700

Agree.

Plus, it's never a good survey when you can so easily figure out what the originator's own position is.

Dave   AB7E

On 5/24/2016 6:31 AM, kr2q@optimum.net wrote:
Survey's are fun, but unless carefully designed, are of questionable value.

I would like to know how any contest entrant can definitively have any
knowledge about the
state of (so-called) unclaimed assistance detection by any of the contest
sponsors, unless
they are participating in the actual log checking.

I think including a free text answer to the this question (on the survey)
should be mandatory:
"On what do you base your opinion?"

This is sort of like asking, "How do you know that what you read about a news event
is accurate?"

Unless you are directly covering the news event yourself, you don't.

Anyone can have a "valid" opinion about whether or not SO and SOA should be
combined.
But asking for their input on how well "cheating" is detected?  Totally
different.

de Doug KR2Q
Keeper of the flame