Re: [CQ-Contest] Early DX'ing and contesting

To: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Early DX'ing and contesting
From: "Radio K0HB" <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 20:45:39 -0000
This article by Bill Leonard (Sports Illustrated) is a great treatment of the subject.

http://www.zl2al.com/2740/the-battle-of-the-hams/

-----Original Message----- From: Tom Osborne
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2016 5:44 PM
To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Early DX'ing and contesting

Past CQ-Contest magazines had some articles about early contesting and
DX'ing history written by Jan Perkins.  It had some really interesting
stuff.

Are there any books out there on the history of early day contesting and
DX'ing.  I read 200 Meters and Down and it was a pretty good read.

I would like to read some stories about how they contested and did it back
in the day.

Thanks and 73
Tom W7WHY