Re: [CQ-Contest] New Q-signal

To: Jim Cassidy <jc_ki7y@q.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] New Q-signal
From: Charles Harpole <hs0zcw@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 07:56:29 +0700
Don't create a new contest--re-score existing contests.
Form a group or club that takes in logs for any contest and scores them
according to THEIR rules, not the existing rules.   List the results on
Internet.

Operators could send the same log to two scoring places and look at both of
their scores.

Smart guys could modify a logging program to show performance under both
sets of rules.

Since operating from HS, I and others have discovered that the BIG contests
are really WANE, Worked All New England.  The current rules were made up by
the fellows as their location indicated, just like the WAE and the QSO
Parties and others.   Likely a new contest, made up by HS operators (of
which there are about 200,000) could be "World Work HS."

So, RE-SCORE any contest by YOUR rules and add to the enjoyment of
contesting.  73, HS0ZCW.

P.S., Yes I understand that to score well in the Second Contest would have
operators with different goals, but them's the breaks.

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 5:02 AM, Jim Cassidy <jc_ki7y@q.com> wrote:

> It is good to see that this Summer rules discussion did start about on time

Charly, HS0ZCW