[CQ-Contest] plaque sponsorship

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] plaque sponsorship
From: Larry via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 01:17:47 -0400
yesterday i wrote about an idea to promote JA activity and perhaps even the
playing field between the east and west coast USA in the CQ WW.

i have received the first sponsor pledge. it is interesting to note that it is
from a JA ham. he writes, in part:

"...... This may be impure from the sportsmanship standpoint of view, but as
some of
you may be aware of, the number of amateur radio station in JA is less than
one third of what was about 20 years ago. I don't think this situation will be
improved, but I still want more JAs to be in CQWW. Many of hams in JA use tiny
system and it's difficult for them to work DX even for 6000 points, but I
expect even such JAs also will be in CQWW and enjoy."

i hope that other japan stations or clubs would also sponsor a plaque. they are
only $55. i would also hope that some west coast stations or clubs will do the
same.

if you or your group is interested please email me directly. hopefully there
will be an available plaque for each of the JA call areas.

thanks, 73,
larry, n7dd