Re: [CQ-Contest] Coax Stubs for SO2R

To: Jukka Klemola <jpklemola@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Coax Stubs for SO2R
From: Rudy Bakalov via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 17:53:27 -0400
Jukka, Jim, and Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to go into details. What's clear to me that the
non liner AB type of amps contributes significantly to harmonics along with
improper amp loading/tuning.

As I mentioned earlier I already have BPFs so now I am left with the mechanical
challenge of stubs. Specifically, will have to follow Jukka's advice on adding
coax between the remote SO2R switch and the antennas.

Honestly, I even wonder if the hassle of building and placing two sets of stubs
(it seems the opinion is that two are needed) is really that much cheaper
compared to buying high power BPFs. Between Remo's filters and the link below
there are affordable alternatives to Ranko's BPFs:

http://www.antennas-amplifiers.com/Band-Pass-Filter

For €1200 one can have plug and play filtering (although I may run into
components' thermal properties when the filters are outside by the tower) that
is not critical with respect to placement along the feed line.

Who sad ham radio is a hobby; feels like serious engineering work to me :-)

Thank you all for your patience.

Rudy N2WQ

Sent using a tiny keyboard.  Please excuse brevity, typos, or inappropriate
autocorrect.