Re: [CQ-Contest] Should I sign portable zero in WAE next weekend?

To: w2up@comcast.net, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Should I sign portable zero in WAE next weekend?
From: K8IA via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2016 09:59:43 -0400
Barry,

As you noted, call areas in several countries count as mults  for EU
stations in WAE contests. Here is what the Rules say,

"For  European stations every non-European DXCC entity counts as a
multiplier.
Exception: In the following countries up to ten numerical call areas count
as multipliers:
W, VE, VK, ZL, ZS, JA, PY and RA8/RA9 and RAØ – without  respect to their
geographical location."

I assume, it is the last six words that prompted your query.

Here is central AZ,  probably a worse locale for EU qso's  than CO, I've
always opted to use one of the 7th area callsigns I have available  N7AT,
N7AP, others). Made much more sense than K8IA/7. Even worse in your case
W2UP/0. Ugh.

If you can, borrow a 0 callsign from friend or club.

GL in WAE.

73, Bob K8IA
Arizona Outlaws Contest  Club

In  a message dated 8/8/2016 6:27:30 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,