[CQ-Contest] Ohio QSO Party

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <CQ-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Ohio QSO Party
From: Timothy Holmes <taholmes160@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 21:25:12 +0000
Hi All:

I participated in the Ohio QSO Party on saturday, had a lot of fun doing it
too. Conditions were not spectacular, but solid – had a lot of QSOs out
toward kansas etc on 20m. Here is the break down of my scores

Band QSOs Pts Mul
3.5.   13.      13.  11
7.       16.      16.  11
14.     17.      17.  8
28.     1.         1.    1
Total 47.       47.   31
Score: 1,457

The propagation was interesting, 80 meters for instate stuff, 40 for some
instate, and near state, and 20 started on an arc from North Dakota, to
kansas to florida. 15 and 10 were for the most part a vast barren wasteland

What I would like to know now is how to learn PROPERLY from my results
(small though they are). I know a lot of guys do some log analysis and
things like that to help themselves along, and I think I have a couple log
analysis programs installed on my computer (i'll be looking shortly) but
I'm NOT sure how to properly do it, or how to utilize what falls out of the
program. I'm “re-beginning” my contesting career, and want to do it right
this time. Thanks for all the help and input already, looking forward to
more!

Hope you guys all had fun as well, I am planning to play either in the TN
QSO Party, or the Russian WW DX RTTY contest on this coming Saturday.

See you on the bands
TIM
W8TAH
--