Re: [CQ-Contest] NEWS: ARRL 222 MHz and Up Distance Contest rules are no

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NEWS: ARRL 222 MHz and Up Distance Contest rules are now on the ARRL web
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 14:18:07 -0500
Well, this is very interesting! I'm glad the contest will continue to be in
August.

I am guessing the weighting, or "band factor," is set up to encourage
activity on the lesser-used bands? There is only one station I routinely
work on 5760 in my area; fortunately, he is a Rover and I will get to work
him several times on a contest.

The difficulty of making a QSO rapidly rises on 24 GHz and above. Glad to
see the band factor is high for those bands.

73, Zack W9SZ