Re: [CQ-Contest] DXC Entry Reclassified to High Power

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] DXC Entry Reclassified to High Power
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2016 15:48:04 -0600
Would it not be prudent then for the WRTC people to immediately drop this contest from consideration. This contest has absolutely no credibility whatsoever and it appears that this reclassification was done to damage P3F or should I say promote another operator or some other nefarious purpose yet to be uncovered.

I have to laugh because of all the Russian/Italian/insert your favorite country Kilowatts that are run every single and contest and everyone looks the other way.

I recall a number of years ago running QRP RTTY and putting up a pretty good score and even being told later that I had a really nice signal. Stuff happens folks. Sometimes the propagation just works. Heck from J6M I had such a huge pileup of EU that I turned the power down to next to nothing and it made no difference other than I had no control of the pile up.....not like I did anyway, but it was worse.

Without a meter on the end of the amp/radio you have no way to know what someone is running. End of story.

I have spoken out loudly about the power issue, there is essentially no solution short of remote monitoring of each and every signal which will never happen in my lifetime. It is clear the honesty and integrity works for most but not for all.

To even indicate that they used RBN data to make a case is laughable.

W0MU