[CQ-Contest] Thank you, Tod Olson

To: CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Thank you, Tod Olson
From: <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 19:53:02 +0000
Many of you know that Tod, K0TO, has long been fighting serious health issues.

Tod and I “go back a long way”, our first QSO in 1968 when he was W0IYP and I
was KG6AQI.  After my Navy service my new home is in a city neighboring his,
and we became fast friends, contesting rivals, and I served as his Vice
Director for two terms when he was the Dakota Division Director at ARRL.

I recently sent Tod an email, inviting to go out to lunch.  His response was a
little slow (not characteristic), and he shared with me that he couldn’t make
lunch with me, as he is in Idaho, in hospice care with Jackie, his wife of 63
years.  In my heart-of-hearts I suppose that this news isn’t surprising, but
it’s a shock nonetheless.

Below is my response to Tod’s revelation.