Re: [CQ-Contest] Has anyone "communicated" with a radio's CAT port using

To: FritzOAQ <fritz@k4oaq.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Has anyone "communicated" with a radio's CAT port using PuTTY?
From: David Pruett <k8cc@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 23:14:34 -0500
Fritz,

Those aren't "fake" cables - these are referred to as "null modem" cables
typically used to connect the COM port of one computer to another.

A non-crossover cable with female connectors on each end is more the oddball,
even though ham transceivers like the FT-1000MP & TS-590 require these for
computer control.

Dave. K8CC

Sent from my iPhone