[CQ-Contest] CQ VT, SC, WV

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ VT, SC, WV
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2016 10:15:14 -0800
I'll be QRP in ARRL 160 this weekend looking for stations with good ears in VT, SC, and WV to finish up 160M QRP WAS. I won't be CQing, but I'll be using the cluster and listening a lot. I've had the greatest success around sunrise for east coast stations, but also sometimes earlier in the evening.

BTW -- I've also been monitoring JT65 and JT9 activity on 160 for the last couple of weeks, looking for stations in these states. To facilitate that, I've been plugging calls of all the stations I copy into a spreadsheet. So far, I've logged 330 stations on my TX vertical, as well as the calls of 20 additional stations that I didn't hear, but that stations I did hear were calling. It's a rare night that I don't log at least 50 stations, and it's not unusual to decode 8 stations in a single one-minute TX cycle. I've come to the conclusion that there is FAR more JT65 and JT9 activity on 160M than all other modes combined.

73, Jim K9YC