Re: [CQ-Contest] Observations of a young ham

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Observations of a young ham
From: DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 09:11:03 -0500
Hi Ed,

I have been blessed with a great kid. He knows when to hold his nose, and
do what must be done when necessary, but he won't get into unnecessary
silliness. The XYL and myself will take credit for child proofing him. :^)

I don't think online activities and contesting are really comparable.

Is that the only reason he is not interested, certainly not. I was not very
active when he was younger, that is another likely factor.  He does
understand contesting (59 04 or 59 ON), he always gives me reports when he
hears me calling CQ. There may be another window of opportunity in the
future.

73 de Vince, VA3VF