Re: [CQ-Contest] Observations of a young ham

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Observations of a young ham
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 08:31:01 -0700
I think Dave and I are talking about MMORPG games with vast universes or country sides and very complex systems of combat and construction.

I enjoy station building more as I have gotten older and doing it right. I agree that it teaches us many great lessons. Many online gamers have built their own gaming computers or rigs and tweak them, over clock them and understand that part of the game far better than many. No they are not building their gaming environment. So do but most are just playing on a system built for them.

In America it is becoming more difficult to find ham friendly locations. We can thank a certain Florida Senator for not allowing some very good ham legislation from being made into law. :(

Can we scale back the entry level "requirements" where everyone uses WRTC like setups for each contest? How many hear would operate a contest that way? Would it take away from the fun?

W0MU