Re: [CQ-Contest] Observations of a young ham

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Observations of a young ham
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 08:44:52 -0700
I also mentioned a rookie-Vet or or elmer catagory as being a class we might want to consider. One can learn a lot from listening to and watching a vet run. I would encourage the vet to allow the rookie as much operating time as possible but allow for the vet to step in and show how you run a pileup etc.

I learned many of my contesting skills at K0RF on the 2nd radio. W0UA was on the #1 radio but I spent a considerable amount of time listening to him as he was running much too fast to break the run to work an easy mult. I was very fortunate to contest with a Hall of fame cast of K0RF, W0UA, W0YK, K0GU, N2IC, W0ZV (W4ZV) and W0UN (sk).

W0MU