Re: [CQ-Contest] RAEM-Contest e-mail-address problems

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RAEM-Contest e-mail-address problems
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 10:53:34 -0800
Given the very nice scoring system, I tried to work this contest, but with very little success. Conditions were absolutely lousy in Northern California during the contest period, and many of the active Russian stations were alligators -- that is, they transmitted far more than they received. I was running 1.5 kW into decent antennas, but many repeats were needed with stations that were very comfortable copy here. Makes one wonder how much power they were running. :) Russia (and EU) is all over the pole for me; UA0 is a lot better from here, and all but two of the Russian stations I worked were UA0. Conditions were so bad that I didn't get past #11 in the log, even returning to the shack several times through the contest period. I finally gave up around 07Z. I did manage to work the RAEM station though.

73, Jim K9YC