[CQ-Contest] Life Memberships. Was: QSLing

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Life Memberships. Was: QSLing
From: Bill via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2016 15:35:25 -0500
Life membership was indeed a good deal back in 71 when I got mine.  I think it
was around $125 back then and to a guy just out of college it was a lot of
money.  However, 46 years later it was a hell of a deal.  Today's larger amount
may well turn out to be a good deal, who knows?  Anyone remember when CQ was on
the ropes in the 70s and was offering life memberships.  I passed on that one
since I thought they might go under...I was wrong.

Bill K4XS/KH7XS