[CQ-Contest] Spam via Contesting.com address

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Spam via Contesting.com address
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 17:04:28 -0500
Is anyone else with a contesting.com alias getting a sudden flurry of spam? The messages purport to come from well-known retailers like Sears, Kohl's, Costco, etc., and try to get you to complete a survey or otherwise click on links in the e-mail. The tip-off is that the "from" e-mail address is different each time and something completely unrelated, typically what sounds like a small business address.

I don't know if someone hacked contesting.com and got its list of aliases, or if it's just me. It's not as if I've been secretive about the alias, and I've had it for a long time.

--

73, Pete N4ZR
Download the new N1MM Logger+ at