Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting 101 - Copy the exchange

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting 101 - Copy the exchange
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 18:35:59 -0400
Nevermind the exchange, (hi) Get the callsign correct first , too !

Not master databases or prefills, but bad spots by humans (?) *might*
explain why, when operating in Newfoundland as VO1TTT I had several folks
call me (on cw, usually)

v01ttt (vee zero one t t t)

I never could wrap my head around that one, but I've had it happen every
single time I've used that call in Newfoundland at least several times per
contest.

(the last time I was there I must have called a certain EU stn 4-5 times and
each and every time he came back to me, he made my "oh" a "zero"..nobody is
that bad at typing or copying code.

Anyone know how that happens?

Weird !

Mike VE9AA , VO1TTT etc.