[CQ-Contest] Deadline for WRTC 2018 Sponsored Teams

To: "'cq-contest@contesting.com'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Deadline for WRTC 2018 Sponsored Teams
From: "Michael Hoeding, DL6MHW" <dl6mhw@wrtc2018.de>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 20:35:32 +0100
Published: 15 February 2017

Sponsored teams are a long-standing tradition in WRTC and a substantial part of fundraising. Dedicated contesters who cannot qualify because of other serious commitments are given the chance to take part in the WRTC. As shown in WRTC 2014 Sponsored Teams do compete with qualified teams on the same level and have reached top scores.

Now the last qualification contest is over and its raw scores are online. We already have assigned three of five sponsored teams. Because we have now received several request for sponsored teams we will set the deadline for requests to the 21st February 2017 2359 UTC.

After the informal request the sponsor and WRTC 2018 sign a formal agreement defining the framework. Then the sponsor transfers the deposit of 15,000 Euro to a trust account showing the seriousness of the application and sends in the formal application reflecting the goals of the team:

1. Competitiveness
2. Support of ham radio contesting and the spirit of the WRTC competition
3. Enhancing technology and operating skills

After a positive decision of the WRTC 2018 Organizing Committee the sponsored team will be informed and the money transferred to the WRTC 2018 account. If the application will not be accepted the 15,000 Euro will be retransferred as soon as possible.

Important note: According to the WRTC 2018 qualification rules a DQ in one of the qualification contests will exclude an operator from a sponsored team.

All applications should be sent to contact@wrtc2018.de.
--

Michael Höding, DL6MHW
Vice-President, Fundraising, PR