Re: [CQ-Contest] Why am I seldom spotted automatically?

To: DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Why am I seldom spotted automatically?
From: Ria Jairam <rjairam@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 19:55:15 -0500
IME, spotting is a function of how wide your social network is, and also
luck of the draw. I am talking about manual spotting, not RBN.

I found that the more people I know and am in regular contact with, the
more likely they will spot me in a contest. In other words, your friends
are more likely to spot you. It's not why I have friends but it's a nice
side benefit. I love my friends, they are the best, and will always spot me
in a contest to give me encouragement.

It's also a factor of how loud and rare you are. I found that loud stations
get spotted a lot, and rare mults also get spotted, naturally (after they
are worked).

I also found that spotting tends to be more geographic, whereby Europeans
and Americans love to spot, others not so much.

Just my experience and observation. Yours may differ.

73
Ria, LU/N2RJ