Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 171, Issue 16

To: Marcelo Egues <marcelocx2dk@gmail.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 171, Issue 16
From: DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 21:52:02 -0500
Dear Marcelo,

Good to see that you are still taking this all in a reasonable good way.

> 1) W4PA uses the CQWW rules, it´s your job.

Like it or not this is the way the 'band' plays. One can compete, and is bound by the rules, or you can just participate. Nothing wrong with using the contest to build DXCC/IOTA credits, for example.

> 2) I´m not angry with anyone, but if my log is doubtful, should have been
> assisted and not checklog.

Are you saying that the issue the CC wanted to check was whether you were assisted or not? The CC will not tell us anything, but you can.

> 3) LU7HN (second position) has the same audio mistake

Are you saying that he was asked for an audio recording and did not provide one? Sorry to ask this, but was this his first year in this situation? Could he have been given the benefit of the doubt this year, like the CC did with you last year?

> 1) The audio is useless. We need to film with a simple camcorder so you can
> see the operators, real power, cluster, etc. during the contest

Who knows, it may happen, but think about it, an audio file already caused you alot of grief. Are you sure you can comply with the additional requirements you are suggesting?

> Assembling a first-level contest station here in Uruguay is not easy.
> It is much more complicated than you think.

I know exactly what you mean. I was not blessed with being born and raised in Canada, and still finances prevent me from building a 'monster' station.

> Audio recording is a very sensitive topic because participants can check
> the record after the contest end

Not sure what you are trying to say here. Are you talking about manipulating the recording? Just asking.

All the best my friend.

73 de Vince, VA3VF

1) W4PA uses the CQWW rules, it´s your job.
2) I´m not angry with anyone, but if my log is doubtful, should have been
assisted and not checklog.
3) LU7HN (second position) has the same audio mistake

Once again my solution:

1) The audio is useless. We need to film with a simple camcorder so you can
see the operators, real power, cluster, etc. during the contest
2) Reduce the days of log receipt

My personal opinion.

Assembling a first-level contest station here in Uruguay is not easy.
It is much more complicated than you think.
I do not think that besides all the work to assemble and maintain this
contest station, we also have audio recording.
Audio recording is a very sensitive topic because participants can check
the record after the contest end

73

Marcelo CX2DK/CW4MAX