Re: [CQ-Contest] "Transmitter" use rule

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] "Transmitter" use rule
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 15:39:34 -0600
How about Multi single one radio/transmitter/xcvr and many people. One signal per band period.

Multi 2 two radios and many people. One signal per band per radio. Both radios are not allowed to be on the same band making contacts.

Multi-Multi-lots of radios and people. No interleaving contacts/CQ's on the same band. 5 radios on 10m working mults fine and one run station is fine.

Technology is great for the .0005 percenters.

The transmitter rule was put in to stop people from pushing the rules. In a contest people would operate for X hours at their station and them move to their friends who would then operate their station with a new call or to stop people from changing callsigns every x hours and only work their club buddies. I am pretty sure this was a sweepstakes directed rule. I might have some of the details wrong but I am sure someone will correct me if so.

The majority of us get penalized for the acts of a few.

If you are not a "competitor" who cares. Don't submit a log. Why should I have to change out a transmitter if my son who lives with me wants to operate in the contest too with his call?

W0MU